The National Groundwater Association is holding a short course on Groundwater Sampling and Analysis on June 3-5 in Westerville, OH.
Please click on the below links to learn more about this event:
From: National Groundwater Association Website
Date: June 3-5, 2019
Location: Westerville, Ohio
Education level: Introductory to intermediate (with a groundwater background)
Designed for both early career groundwater professionals and those desiring a practical refresher, this hands-on course will aid you in developing skills necessary to perform quality work in the field. Course emphasis is placed on sampling strategies and techniques in addition to first-hand experience. Field exercises will be supplemented with classroom orientation and data analysis exercises.
Field and classroom exercises will include:
- Developing and implementing a sampling plan
- Preparing to go into the field
- In-field well sampling activities
- Soil sampling using conventional hand equipment
- Soil sampling to identify source areas
- Sample management and shipping protocols
- Data reduction and data analysis
- Well sampling demonstration.
Classroom instruction will address:
- Overview of appropriate groundwater sampling techniques and their applicability to regulatory requirements
- Sampling in conformance to regulatory program requirements
- Importance of the site conceptual model
- Reporting strategies.