SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY WEDNESDAY, MAY 15TH!!!
Students are the way forward, and the Kentucky Groundwater Association is proud to offer scholarships in support of their desire to make a difference and pursue their education.
On an annual basis, the Kentucky Groundwater Association award scholarships to eligible students enrolled or enrolling in college, vocational school or other approved post-secondary education institutions. The scholarship may be utilized for tuition, books, lab fees or other direct educational expenses. Each recipient may receive the scholarship up to two (2) times, BUT they must submit a new application each year.
Students of all ages and courses of study are encouraged to apply for the scholarship; however, priority is given to any student pursuing a course of study directly related to the groundwater industry (i.e. well drilling, geology, environmental engineering, etc.).
In order to qualify, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be a member in good standing of the Kentucky Groundwater Association OR be the child, grandchild, or spouse of a member. A member in good standing is a current member who has maintained active membership for at least the previous three (3) calendar years.
- Be a high school senior, high school graduate (including GED), college undergraduate or enrolled in an accredited vocational school or program.
- Maintain a minimum of 2.5 GPA (4.0 scale) for the most recent two (2) years of formal education. (Please provide transcripts documenting cumulative GPA.). Any applicant who has been out of school for more than two (2) years may submit transcripts for the most recent two (2) years completed or two (2) employment related recommendations.
- In order to be considered for the scholarship, each applicant must complete the attached application, including completion of the required message and providing transcripts, as requested.
- Submit the application packet to the scholarship committee by Wednesday, May 15, 2019.
If you wish to apply, please click on the following link to download the application.
Once completed, please submit the entire package to:
Kentucky Groundwater Association
ATTN: Scholarship Committee
153 Booger Hollow Road
Gray, KY 40734