Dear 2023 KYGWA Education Event Potential Attendees:
We hope you will join us and continue your growth as a groundwater professional and continue your support of the Kentucky groundwater industry.
You will notice a new look as we prepare for 2023. Note that there is a member rate and a nonmember rate to attend the event. Beginning this year, we will once again be separating out the payment for membership and the payment to attend the event. THESE ARE NO LONGER ONE AND THE SAME! We hope that you will reach out to us for clarification if you need it regarding this.
Please take a moment to review the schedule of events posted below. Be sure to register now and also reserve your hotel room (details below).
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS (subject to change)
Thursday, March 9, 2023
- 9:00-11:30 a.m. — KYGWA Board and Certification Board Meeting — Ashford Room
- 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. — Registration and vendor setup
- 12:00-1:00 p.m. — Working Around Powerlines — Churchill
- 1:00-2:00 p.m. — Geothermal Industry or 2023 McEllhiney Lecture — Churchill
- 2:00-3:00 p.m. — Proper Insurance — Ellis
- 2:00-3:00 p.m. — Selecting the Right Screen for the Job — Turfway
- 3:00-5:30 p.m. — Vendor Time — no classes, but solely time to visit with the vendors
- 6:00 p.m. — Dinner Program (food, auctions, NGWA announcements, etc.) — Keeneland
Friday, March 10, 2023
- 7:00-8:00 a.m. — Breakfast Buffet and Vendor Time
- 8:30-9:00 a.m. — Annual Meeting of the KYGWA
- 9:00-10:00 a.m. — Proper Pump — Churchill
- 9:00-10:00 a.m. — Emerging Technology — Ellis
- 10:00-11:00 a.m. — Proper Use of Chemicals — Turfway
- 10:00-11:00 a.m. — Kentucky Hydrology/Geology — Churchill
- 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. — Safety — Churchill
- 1:00-2:00 p.m. — Agency Update — Ellis
- 2:00-3:00 p.m. — CDL/DOT Update — Turfway
RESERVE YOUR HOTEL ROOM
Holiday Inn: Louisville East — Hurstbourne
1325 South Hurstbourne Parkway
Louisville, Kentucky 40222
Reservations: KYGWA has secured a limited block of rooms on a first come, first served basis at the group rate of $129 per night, plus any applicable fees and taxes. The rate for the KYGWA room block is valid until the February 10 cutoff date unless the block has been filled before then. Reservations can be made online by clicking here, calling the hotel at (502) 426-2600, or phoning reservations at (800) 465-4329 — make sure to mention you are attending this Kentucky Groundwater Association event.